Creative Commons License
MrsZep Blog by KZep is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Photo-A-Day Challenge

I LOVED this challenge!!!  Photo editing is one of my favorite tasks to do on the computer, and I loved having the starting point of a daily idea from the site Project Life 365.

My Posts can be Found at:
Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5, Day 6, Day 7
 #zepslife365photos and #zepsphotoimmersion

In addition to taking a photo for the daily theme, I found myself looking deeper into the meaning of the task, and even trying to be a little abstract in my photos and my ideas.  Reflecting on the picture and justifying its connection would be a great activity for my students.  I would really like to complete this same kind of week-long immersion with my students and really push the reflective aspect of this project.  This would be a great way to introduce design elements, patterns and textures, etc, by giving one challenge per day.  The students could evaluate each other's photos and it could even become a class challenge.  I will definitely use this in the future.

Example of Pattern

 Example of Texture


This is also a great opportunity for photo editing.  Students could be challenged to use editing from apps like BeFunky, Photo Editor, or Tadaa if they are using their smart phones to take pictures.  They could justify why they chose the particular effect to create or enhance the mood or emotion.  I found editing my photos to be part of the fun of the project.
BeFunky
Tadaa
Photo Editor


Finally, it was so easy to work with the smartphone and upload pics right to my Blogger Post using the Blogger App.  Students could work on this at school or at home.  Again, I LOVED this project!!

Blogger App


No comments:

Post a Comment