Creative Commons License
MrsZep Blog by KZep is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.

Monday, November 18, 2013

Digital Story Created with a Cell Phone

I knew I was going to be an educator when...



Gathering files:
Without a Storyboard to begin, I decided to take my phone one day at school and begin capturing pictures and videos. I used the camera of my iPhone to capture Video and Images.  I then decided to make use of my Vine account, and also captured some video with Vine.  I wasn't sure how to handle my actual story and script, so I decided to simply prop up my phone at my desk, and speak from the heart.  Finally, I recorded an audio file of my voice using my iPhone's Voice Memo App for an added multimedia feature for my film.  

Uploading on the phone:
I went right to my WeVideo App on my iPhone to upload all of my files into a new video.  (I was not able to upload my audio file, so it had to be emailed from my phone to my Gmail account, then downloaded to the computer, then uploaded into WeVideo later when logged onto the computer.)  I have to say, capturing files using my phone was very easy and very handy, and the ability to upload them right away to WeVideo on the phone was very handy.  I know my students often  have trouble getting files from cameras, flash drives, etc. uploaded to the computer, whether it's a cord issue or a file format issue, or some other issue.  Using the phone to capture and upload was seamless--another reason to justify devices in the classroom!

Editing in WeVideo on the Computer:
The most time consuming part of this task was figuring out the order in which to place my media files, adding transitions, titles, and music, and trimming videos and working on timing.  WeVideo froze up a few times, which was frustrating, but the nature of the game with Web 2.0 tools. 

Conclusion:
I really enjoyed this project, and it was nice to reflect back on why I entered this job in the first place.  It changed my attitude a little the past week, as I thought about my original intentions.  I feel blessed to be a part of education.

No comments:

Post a Comment